Senior Scams WebcastTue, Dec 4, 2018 | 9:00 AM
Dustin Etheredge and Lou Tobian with AARP Arkansas will cover the basic tactics that scammers use to manipulate seniors and how we can spot them. This webcast will give participants the tools they need to protect themselves and their families from financial criminals.
Chuck Harder, Deputy Attorney General in the Attorney General's Public Protection Department, will talk about recent enforcement efforts against companies that target senior citizens and the Attorney General’s efforts to inform consumers about their rights under the law.
Free and open to the public
Overdose Death Investigation and Prosecution TrainingWed, Jan 23, 2019 | 8:30 AM
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Benton Event Center
Because the number of deaths resulting from overdoses of heroin and fentanyl has surged in recent years reaching epidemic proportions, this new, free course for law enforcement officers, prosecutors and coroners will cover:
- Basic drug overdose death investigation techniques
- Discuss legal requirements and issues involved in drug overdose death investigations
- Address drug safety awareness particular to heroin and fentanyl
- And highlight proper evidence handling and protocols
Topics will include:
- Changing the mindset from accident to homicide
- Responding to and investigating drug overdose deaths
- Evidence to look for
- Documenting the death scene
- Electronic evidence: cell phones, social media and more
- Witness and suspect interview techniques
- Search and seizure issues
- Legal theory and case development
- Intelligence gathering and sharing
- Officer safety when dealing with drugs like fentanyl
- Case analysis
Lunch will be provided. For questions, email oag@ArkansasAG.gov.